Thursday, October 12, 2006

momma's surgery update

Momma and I arrived at the hospital yesterday at the crack of dawn... literally. During the pre-op, I was a bit disturbed to see how the nurse inserted her IV, but decided to keep my mouth shut and not complain. Let's just say it was quite "messy." (What really got me was that the nurse had warned us that it would be.) Her laproscopic surgery was performed successfully and took only about an hour and a half. However, she did have to wait in the recovery room for a few hours because the hospital did not have a room available for her. Her friend and I were able to see her towards the end of the few hours before they moved her into her room. She could smile and seemed to be doing well, which made me feel better about her being in this ghetto hospital. Thankfully, the morphine was evidently working well, as she was not experiencing any pain. She did want to keep looking at the incisions on her stomach though. =) Don't know why, but I thought that was pretty funny.

Today, Momma was smiling, sitting up, walking around, and beginning to drink clear liquids. Doesn't she look well? =) It was encouraging to see God slowly returning her strength back to her. The nurse (the nice one) said she was doing very well for the first day after surgery. If all goes well, she should be released on Saturday, as long as she can make a bowel movement. So though this may seem like an odd request, please pray for healing so that Momma can pass some you-know-what. =) God is sovereign, and I have been really thanking God for His every protection and watchful eyes over my mom. Things could always be a lot worse, and I am grateful for how well she is doing.

1 comment:

THIS world is not conclusion; said...

I'll definitely be praying. You know it brought joy to my heart to see Momma Chen in her cute PINK robe :-).