Saturday, October 14, 2006

welcome home, momma!

Bill and I brought Momma home from the hospital early this afternoon. She was in good spirits and eager to finish her recovery there. Thankfully, she has not had much pain with her stitches unless she sneezes or coughs. =) When we got to her house, the women in her church were already there to welcome her home. And she seemed to be as active as ever talking with everyone. As much as I wanted her to stay at home with Bill and me, she had decided to remain at her own home with another church lady who was willing to stay with her, cook for her, and care for her. She really didn't want to burden me with the baby coming so soon. I would have preferred for her to stay with us anyway, but it was encouraging to see Momma back in her element, so to speak. Being active and involved in her church will probably help speed her recovery. Of course, I reminded her to take it easy though. =) Like most first-generation Asian moms, she has a hard time sitting still for very long. She will have to stay on soft foods for a bit, but I don't think it will be very long before she can be eating regular food again.

A very sincere and grateful thanks to those who have been praying for her. Please continue to pray for a speedy recovery and as little pain as possible where her stitches are. As CJ always quotes from Spurgeon, "No man can do me a truer kindness in this world than to pray for me." A deep thanks to all who have remembered to keep my mother in prayer. It really means so much to me, as well as to her. THANK YOU!!!

No comments: