As summer has transitioned into fall, we are awaiting for our little blessing to arrive as we will transition into parenthood. These cool, crisp days are a reminder of the snowy beauty that will soon be here. And God reminded me yesterday that I should cherish these last days alone with Bill. It just kinda hit me that our life will never be the same. I just foresaw the both of us caring for the demanding needs of a baby, and it scared me all of a sudden. I am definitely looking forward to the challenges and joys of motherhood, but it makes me sad to think that my times with Bill will be different now with William here. Isn't that selfish? But as with the coming beauty of the winter and snow, it will be a coming beauty and joy with William here. Bill reminded me that it will be better because we will still have our times alone. We'll just also have a little one from God to fill up the rest of the time. =) This is something we have wanted from the beginning, and it was God's kindness that we did not have to struggle to have children. Things will change, but they will also be the same because we are still the core of our family (not William), and Bill's first priority will still and always be me (aside from God, of course). Once again, I thank God for using this wonderful man to speak truth to me and to encourage me in what is to come. I know that William will be such a blessing, and we will wonder how we had lived life before him. And I truly thank God that as we have the privilege to love and care for William, He will at the same time use William to sanctify and grow us both in selflessness, faith, and trust. Despite the hardships and challenges, it is because of God's everlasting love for us that there is beauty and joy in every changing season. I thank God that He is always wanting to propel us to new heights of understanding and will not allow us to become complacent where we are. It is in these changing seasons that God uses to move us forward to a deeper understanding of the Cross and His unmerited favor in our lives. I am tremendously thankful for, and I love both my wonderful men, both of whom I am well aware that I don't deserve.
Saturday, November 04, 2006
changing seasons
As summer has transitioned into fall, we are awaiting for our little blessing to arrive as we will transition into parenthood. These cool, crisp days are a reminder of the snowy beauty that will soon be here. And God reminded me yesterday that I should cherish these last days alone with Bill. It just kinda hit me that our life will never be the same. I just foresaw the both of us caring for the demanding needs of a baby, and it scared me all of a sudden. I am definitely looking forward to the challenges and joys of motherhood, but it makes me sad to think that my times with Bill will be different now with William here. Isn't that selfish? But as with the coming beauty of the winter and snow, it will be a coming beauty and joy with William here. Bill reminded me that it will be better because we will still have our times alone. We'll just also have a little one from God to fill up the rest of the time. =) This is something we have wanted from the beginning, and it was God's kindness that we did not have to struggle to have children. Things will change, but they will also be the same because we are still the core of our family (not William), and Bill's first priority will still and always be me (aside from God, of course). Once again, I thank God for using this wonderful man to speak truth to me and to encourage me in what is to come. I know that William will be such a blessing, and we will wonder how we had lived life before him. And I truly thank God that as we have the privilege to love and care for William, He will at the same time use William to sanctify and grow us both in selflessness, faith, and trust. Despite the hardships and challenges, it is because of God's everlasting love for us that there is beauty and joy in every changing season. I thank God that He is always wanting to propel us to new heights of understanding and will not allow us to become complacent where we are. It is in these changing seasons that God uses to move us forward to a deeper understanding of the Cross and His unmerited favor in our lives. I am tremendously thankful for, and I love both my wonderful men, both of whom I am well aware that I don't deserve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment