Monday, November 13, 2006

week 40

This morning, the ob said that I am about 90% effaced and 2.5 cm dilated. Yea! I started having light contractions on Saturday, and they have steadily become more intense up into today. This afternoon, they have consistently been about 7 minutes apart. When they are 3 minutes apart, we will head to the hospital. Should the contractions wane, I will still be induced tomorrow morning, but the doc said the induction should be easy since I've already gotten started. Please keep us in your prayers over the next 24 hours, especially for perseverance, strength, and protection against exhaustion. I am pretty tired now, but William will be here sometime within that time frame, more or less. And we can't wait to meet him! =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Hope you are well. Can't wait to hear about William and that you and him are fine!

Tami

THIS world is not conclusion; said...

Girl I'm so glad that years later, you're not 90% effaced :-) and that after all the hard work there is cute little william to see. Can't wait to see William updates on the blog....

THIS world is not conclusion; said...

hey guys...just wanted to let you know that we better not wait until william turns 12 before we hear something else... I mean ...I know you think not sleeping is a good excuse and all .... :-)