Sunday, November 04, 2007

the last baby days...


William has been learning and growing so much recently. He has been so interactive with us and has been blooming with his communication. I have been trying to hold on to the last of his baby days. When he crawls into my lap or comes crawling looking for me to pick him up, those are such precious times. He is changing more and more into a little boy now, especially when we're holding him because he's getting heavy. =) William points all the time now, which usually means he wants you to take him to something so he can touch it. He will point and then put his finger in his mouth. It's not so cute when I explain it, but trust me, it's adorable. Another thing is that he sticks his tongue out when he's concentrating on something, like stacking rings (which he just learned!), or pulling himself up, or looking at something. It melts my heart when I see that. It's so exciting seeing him learn and to do new things. And thanks to his Aunt Lori, he has learned to drink from his sippy cup. (William loves water now.) Oh, he has another sprout coming in (that's 6 teeth now) and can turn light switches on and off now.






One thing that's funny about our monkey is that he loves to play with everything except his toys. So old remotes, paper, water bottles, cell phones, laptops, and vcrs are his new toys, some of which are still not allowed for him, causing him to become greatly disgruntled. But he can locate anything electronic a mile away. Sometimes he'll play with his stacking rings or drum, but he's usually into whatever Bill or I are into. So if we're eating, he's into our food (assuming it's within arms' reach). If we're on our laptop, he's trying to look on the screen or pound on the keys. If we're in the kitchen, he tries to get into the kitchen to see what all the ruckus is about. It's neat to see how curious he is about things and desiring to be where we are.



Unfortunately, we have also had to begin training and correcting him. He had been throwing tantrums and intentionally dropping things on the floor when he's in his high chair or on the changing table. So we've been busy training him on what to do instead. The screaming had calmed down before, but now he often will scream after we correct him on something. I guess it's his way of talking back. =( Makes me sad when I see his sin coming out. But we're all sinners and in need of correction every now and again. So Bill and I have been trying hard to have fun with him so everything isn't about disciplining.


Where did his baby days go? =(

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Wow...I wish that I had read this post prior to buying his b-day present...I would have just given him my old cell phones and calculators. LOL. The picture with him biting on his tongue is about the cutest thing I have ever seen...ever!