Wednesday, June 25, 2008

first pool

I took William to a pool for the first time. It was an indoor pool. I didn't want to have to slather sunblock on either one of us or get baked in the sun by going to an outdoor pool. So we decided to stay indoors. Bill and I want him to get used to being in the water. Fortunately, he didn't freak out or cry when we got there. He was a bit hesitant about getting in the water at first, but he actually walked in slowly on his own. This kiddy pool was awesome because it had mini geysers in the shallow part of the pool for the young young children to play in. And there were a few different slides and waterfalls. The great part was that the pool was never deeper than I am tall, so we were able to go to all the different areas in the pool, except the slides of course. William really enjoyed himself since there were so many things to look at and watch. Not only that, but William actually went under water (not on purpose. =( He stepped off a ledge when I had my head turned.), coughed a little when he surfaced, and was otherwise fine.

Kiddy pools sure have come a long way since I was a kid. The kiddy pool I went to was just a plain square pool with shallow water. But this one was way cooler! I think we will be going here regularly and bringing Da whenever he can come. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics since I didn't want to bother with a camera at the pool. But maybe we can get some snapshots when Bill can come with us. So glad that William seems to have taken quickly to the pool! Bill and I both grew up going to the pool a lot as a kid, so we look forward to keeping this tradition in our own family and making new memories with William.

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

umm... if i remember correctly, didn't you hate going to the pool!?