Tuesday, December 30, 2008

retirement...


My mom is officially retiring tomorrow. =) We went out last night to celebrate the beginning of this new season in her life. It was perfect timing since Jimmy has been home for the holidays. It's a little surreal thinking of her not working since I've always only known her to work. She's the kind of mom who definitely likes to keep busy, so she has been considering doing missions work in Taiwan to use this time to serve the Lord. But nothing is decided yet. She will be leaving for a trip to Taiwan in a few weeks though... to visit family. She'll be gone for a couple of months, but will be back in time for the baby's arrival. (Thank God for that, because I think we'll need lots of help!) If you remember, please say a little prayer for her. I know she would like to do something meaningful and not squander her extra time. Pray that the Lord would provide clear guidance for her. Here are some highlights from our little family celebration. (Unfortunately, Jimmy was our photographer, so there weren't any photos of him)...

IMG_1644

We went to "Sushi Damo" for dinner. They have the best sushi there. Unfortunately, I couldn't have any. =(

IMG_1635

IMG_1650

IMG_1652

William enjoyed his night out on the town with Ah-ma.

IMG_1653

We ended our evening with a stop by the "Fractured Prune" for some yummy donuts!

No comments: