Monday, December 15, 2008

sorting...

I was so excited when I saw William beginning to sort things all on his own.  (It must be the teacher in me.) 

He usually likes to watch/help me in the kitchen when I'm preparing dinner.  We were going to steam some broccoli, so he had the job of putting the cut broccoli into the steamer.  To my delight, this is what I found...

DSC_2399

All the stalks on one side and the spears on the other!  Can't tell you how ecstatic I was to see this!  Here are a few other pics...

DSC_2400

 

DSC_2402

 

DSC_2403

 

DSC_2404 

 

After seeing this, I thought William might be ready to start sorting some other things.  He likes to help me unload the dishwasher.  I only let him put the silverware away, but he usually just opens the drawer and randomly puts them away since he's too little to see over the top.  I decided to let him stand on the stool so he could see better and showed him how to match the silverware with the other utensils already in the tray.  He still gets confused between the regular and dessert forks/spoons, but otherwise, he gets it right!  It is exciting to see William begin to organize his little world, not to mention what a help it will be to me.  =P  Here are some pics of him putting the silverware away...

 DSC_2429

 

DSC_2430

 

DSC_2444

 

DSC_2446

 

DSC_2447 

Makes Momma so proud!  =)

No comments: