I've been meaning to do this post for a while now, but didn't get a chance to until now. It's just something I thought was amusing. We are excited about how William has been able, for quite some time now, to go to his Discovery Land (children's ministry/Sunday school) classroom without crying. He actually seems to look forward to it because they give out graham crackers during snack time. That's always the first thing he says when we say we're taking him to his classroom on Sundays. Anyway, the kids usually color a picture that goes along with the Bible story they've learned that day. Sometimes it's hard to remember to give the parents the pictures the kids have colored, but several weeks ago, this is the first-ever picture William "colored" that we received from Discovery Land...
| If you're thinking what I'm thinking, you're right... there's nothing colored. =) I was so looking forward to taking a look at it, but there was just his name on it. This made me laugh. And it made me wonder what he was doing while all the other kids were coloring. Maybe we need to work more on some coloring with him... =) (If you're also thinking what I'm also thinking, I was a tad surprised at this picture portraying the story of Cain and Abel. I mean, don't get me wrong, it certainly is true to form, but it seems a little on the homicidal side for 2-year-olds, doesn't it? Don't tell Mr. Cooley I said that though.) =P And yes, I am going to keep this picture forever. Well, maybe I'll keep some other ones, too, since he didn't really color anything. =)
We received this picture on a subsequent week. There are 2 scribble marks at the top. Maybe another kid scribbled on his picture by accident, but we'd like to think William did this all on his own. He's getting there... =) Yea!
We received this one a couple weeks ago... William seems to be improving, ya? It probably took him a whole 5 seconds to color. What is he doing when everyone else is coloring, I wonder? Well, at least it's more like the other kids' drawings now. That's our boy! We are so proud! =) |
1 comment:
this is awesome. lol! i just love that there is nothing there in the first one. :)
hmmm... watch out that mrs cooley does not read this.
: )
Post a Comment