Monday, January 19, 2009

snow!


Our area had its first "big" winter snowfall.  By big, I mean about an inch of snow.  =P  It's not like the amount of snow we remember we had growing up, but we'll take it!  Especially since William is now old enough to really appreciate it, it's worth going outside in the cold.  So this was his first time going out to play in the snow.  (William LOVES being outside, but our poor boy hasn't been able to get out much since I can't stand the cold!  He would be happy going outside with snow or not though, despite the cold...  I remember as a kid not being phased by the cold at all.  My brother and I would stay outside for hours!  However, now that I'm older, it takes an act of Congress to get me out there.  But I'll suck it up for my sweet boy any day.) 

Needless to say, William loved being outside.  We don't have much of a yard, but he loved just walking in the snow and kicking it around.  Here are some pics of him in his too-small snowsuit and too-big mittens.  (Like any good Asian parent, I bought his mittens and all his winter gear for next year during the big sales after this past Christmas.  And like any good Asian parent, I was hoping that his snowsuit would last another year before I'd have to get another one.)  =P

DSC_2614

 

DSC_2617

 

DSC_2627

 

DSC_2628

 

DSC_2634

This pic is one of my personal favorites!

 

DSC_2641

William's mittens kept falling off b/c they were colossal.  But he also didn't know how to push his hands into them and put his thumb in the thumb part of the mitten.  So I had to just shove them on, wrap the strap around his wrist, and pull his coat sleeve over them.

 

DSC_2635

 

 DSC_2646

After we got in the house, William didn't want to take his snowsuit off.  =)

winter 1.09

 

No comments: