Monday, April 06, 2009

hospital update


We weren't able to bring Josiah home from the hospital today.  =(  We are still waiting to hear from the monitoring company to schedule a time to be trained in how to use the home monitor and for the infant CPR training.  It has been aggravating to me that we can't bring my baby home because we're waiting to hear from the monitoring company regarding the training.  My sinful and angry heart has been veering out of control lately, being ever so forgetful of God's presence and sovereignty in my life and in Josiah's.  Bill (as usual) and a dear friend have been faithful to pray for me and remind me that Josiah will come home in the Lord's perfect timing, not according to the timetable of the monitoring company.  It has been good to be reminded that the Lord has been watching and in control over all of this and that nothing can happen that He does not allow or plan for my good.  This trial has definitely been stretching me in terms of faith, patience, humility, and trust.  It is so true that our thoughts are not His thoughts, neither are His ways our ways.  How quickly I forget that God does not answer to me... rather, I answer to Him for how I have walked out my life in faith.  Little faith is what I have, and I know the Lord is growing me in that... but how hard it is!  But again, Scripture is clear to remind me that He will not give me anything more than I can handle.  And whatever He calls me to walk through, He provides the necessary grace... even infinitely more than I need.  I am so grateful for my faithful husband and faithful friends who speak truth and care for me.

The great, encouraging news is that Josiah is now a whopping 6 lbs 1.3 oz!  We can't believe how much he has grown since going to the hospital.  I think he was 5 lbs 9 oz when he was first admitted.  So he's grown 8 oz in the last 3 days!  The docs wanted to see him gain at least an ounce a day, so he has more than surpassed that during his stay in the hospital.  What a blessing it is that he is such a little piggy!  They also were able to remove his IV since he's done with his antibiotics.  Yea!!!  So he's just being monitored now for his heart rate, respiratory rate, and pulse/ox.  And other than that, he's pretty much just eating, sleeping, and pooping at the hospital, which is what he'd be doing at home.  I guess this is kinda what it must feel like to have a 24-hour nanny.  You just go see your kid whenever you feel like it and then leave.  It's actually been a huge blessing to be able to catch up on some sleep, but we have been more than ready to bring Josiah home.  We all miss him dearly.  And we can't wait to have him home, even with the sleepless nights... and even with the annoying monitor.  =)  We are still so incredibly grateful that Josiah is healthy and well.  God is amazingly good.

No comments: