Wednesday, September 30, 2009

happy birthday, boo!

 


Boo,

I know that you have been working relentlessly over the last several months trying to keep things going at Brainbox. I know that you carry a heavy burden to see that our family is provided for, and I can't thank our Savior enough that He has provided us with such a hard-working and faithful husband and father. You have worked late into the night constantly, yet make time to spend with the boys and to take me out on date nights. I know you are walking through a stressful time, but it has been such a testimony to see you at peace, trusting in the Lord for His will to be done. It has been amazing to see the Lord provide, despite how things are financially. (And I thank God many times over for giving you the wisdom to save as much as we have.) We are doing well now because of how you have led.

May the Lord bless you tremendously on this birthday this year... to continue to have faith that the Lord is using our trial for good (which we see already, especially as He is setting us loose from the things of this world and to steward what we have well)... to continue to seek first His kingdom and His righteousness... to grow in trust of the only One who is trustworthy .... and to grow in love for our Savior, that if He should strip all things from us, we would still have everything because we still have Him.

Love you so much!!
Amy


you whom I took from the ends of the earth,
and called from its farthest corners,
saying to you, “You are my servant,
I have chosen you and not cast you off”;
fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
~ Isaiah 41:9-10 ~

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
~ Isaiah 43:2 ~

This God—his way is perfect;
the word of the Lord proves true;
he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.
~ 2 Samuel 22:31 ~

“Listen to me, O house of Jacob,
all the remnant of the house of Israel,
who have been borne by me from BEFORE your birth,
carried from the womb;
even to your old age I am he,
and to gray hairs I will carry you.
I have made, and I will bear;
I will carry and will save.
~ Isaiah 46:3-4 ~

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
~ Psalm 32:8 ~

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
~ Proverbs 3:5-6 ~

No comments: