Friday, September 11, 2009

staycation ‘09 (part 4)

The next and final leg of our staycation was going apple-picking at Butler’s Orchard. I hadn’t gone apple-picking since I-don’t-even-remember, and it was William’s first time. So we were looking forward to doing something new with him. Unfortunately, Bill was MIA since he had to work again.

I don’t think we were there for more than an hour though. I didn’t want to get too many apples and not know what to do with them cuz I ain’t no Betty Crocker. I had an apple crisp recipe I wanted to try, but that was about it. They didn’t have any Gala apples, which are the ones we like. So all we picked were the Jonathan apples, which are really tart and supposedly good for baking, but we didn’t like them… or the apple crisp for that matter. I’ll have to try the apple crisp again with other apples or just find another recipe. Anyway, long story short, here are some highlights… =)

DSC_1708

DSC_1712

DSC_1715

DSC_1717

DSC_1720

P1000852

DSC_1722

DSC_1725

DSC_1727

DSC_1739

DSC_1746

DSC_1757

DSC_1761

DSC_1770

DSC_1771

DSC_1782

DSC_1783

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amy - this post made me laugh so hard. : ) your humor is one of the things i really love about you.
i have a fool proof apple crisp recipe - just you and a box of yellow cake mix...