Tuesday, November 03, 2009

first tooth!


Wow... I was so excited when I saw Josiah's first tooth coming out through his little gums. He has been sucking on his paci and hands (or anything else he could get into his mouth) like crazy. It's just an itty-bitty white spot, but it's there! I wanted to take a picture, but you can only see it at a certain angle, and Josiah was being less than cooperative. So hopefully we'll be able to get a shot sometime soon.

I had still been feeling a little sad about the band. I was struggling with the fact that he would reach many of his big milestones while in the band (i.e. teething, sitting, crawling, etc.). I guess I just don't want him to suffer at all, even if it's just by looking different from other babies. As he reaches these milestones with the band on, it's just a reminder that he's still different. Without the band, I guess there's the illusion that he's just like any other "normal" baby. Not sure if any of that makes sense... But seeing his little tooth come in today without him being banded yet just encouraged my heart so much (even though it is the day before he's going to get it). =P The Lord just was so faithful to remind me that Josiah will have other milestones without the band when this season is over. Yes, he will have some in the band, but he will also have many more outside of the band. And the band doesn't define who he is. His identity is in his Lord who fearfully and wonderfully created him. The Lord will continue to watch over him, grow him, and protect him. Josiah is, has always been, and will always be in the Lord's hands. And underneath him are God's everlasting arms (Deut. 33:27). Not to mention the fact that we are incredibly blessed that he doesn't have any health issues at this point. We're getting the band to try and correct his flat head, and nothing more serious than that, thankfully.

"... and as your days, so shall your strength be" (Deut. 33:25). This verse has ministered to me much as of late. I just have to keep speaking truth to myself... that as the Lord has planned each one of my days and Josiah's days, He will be faithful to provide the grace and strength needed for each of those days... each day that was planned sovereignly in His loving care... each day that was planned not for our convenience or ease or so we could be "normal," but because He loves us.

No comments: