Sunday, November 29, 2009

"i love Jesus."


William explained to me that the pic above says, "I love Jesus." It is exciting to see his concepts about print start to develop. (Bill was especially excited to see the content of his "words.") =) William knows that letters make up words and that they communicate what we think or want to say. In his drawings, it's also encouraging to see him start to draw circles instead of just scribbling, although sometimes he'll scribble or draw zigzags and tell me what letters they're supposed to be or what words they say. He hardly ever draws since he doesn't like it that much, but it's great to see him start to develop his understanding about writing.

I need to make more time for him to do some free drawing using different mediums. I think that may help pique his interest a little more. Sigh... I'll have to add that to my list of to-dos. =)

No comments: