Momma?" And I can honestly answer that I am happy, explaining that I'm happy b/c I have Jesus (who died on the cross and took away my sins), Dada, him, Josiah, etc. Other times, he'll ask when he sees a scowl on my face from failing to serve joyfully. "You happy Momma?" And that's when I hesitate in my answer b/c his question just cuts through to my heart, challenging and bringing to light my sinful heart and what I'm communicating to him... being acutely aware in the moment that I'm missing a gospel opportunity b/c of some sinful attitude I'm having. Then he follows-up with, "You angry, Momma?" And then I have no choice but to confess my sinful heart to him, ask His forgiveness, ask God's forgiveness, and ask William to pray with me for the help I need to have a grateful heart and to remember the gospel.
It is amazing and amusing to me how the Lord uses my 3-year old boy to teach me daily life lessons... in humility b/c I'm supposed to be being an example to him... in confessing sin b/c I'd rather not recognize I'm sinning and would rather ignore it and fester in it... in growing in having a grateful heart b/c how my heart is prone to complain and think arrogantly that I deserve certain things... in prayer b/c I don't ask God enough for the help I need on a daily and moment-by-moment basis to serve and care for William and my family.
How I am grateful for my little boy, who is already able to ask great questions to get at his momma's heart. I am learning from him as much as he is learning from me. The Lord undeniably sanctifies us both as we learn from each other. And I pray that God would bless his little heart for being concerned about my happiness. Love him so much!! He is such a precious gift from the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment