Thursday, June 17, 2010

more josiah...

There were a few things I neglected to mention on the last update I gave on Josiah. So I thought I'd share more for my memory's sake...

Josiah is starting to talk!! (How could I forget that, right?) Here are some of the things he's saying:
uh-oh = ah-oh
kick = [k sound]
done = da
water = [sign for water]
amen = meh

Some of his other accomplishments: kicking a ball, putting legos together, and going down the stairs backwards, on his own.

One of the things I love is that when I pat Josiah's back, he'll pat me back on my arm/shoulder, but really hard. This happens the most when I put him down before a nap or bedtime. Love his pats!

Monkey is also very playful. When he knows that I'm available to play with him, he'll push me over and wrestle with me. He loves full-contact play, being chased or flipped, or being tickled. This monkey loves his fun.

And last, but not least, Josiah has 100% mastered his pincer grasp. He can pick up the smallest things from the floor and give it to you... or eat it. Funny thing is that he is very hesitant about eating from a spoon. When you try to spoon-feed food into his mouth, he'll look it over and skeptically open his mouth. But if he picks it up from the floor, he'll either bring it to us if we're around, or if we're not, it gets popped into his mouth. We have found rocks, sticks, dead leaves, dirt, dried up food, etc. in his mouth. I think he's starting to learn b/c we always freak out when we find something, but he's like our little dirt devil. If he doesn't hand stuff off to us it goes straight to his mouth. This bottom pic is one of the smallest things he has picked up. It's an itty-bitty teeny-weeny sliver of wood. Gotta love our little Dustbuster. ;)

No comments: