William completed his 2nd swim class. Woohoo, William! He did awesome and really enjoyed himself. Surprisingly, he actually learned something. =) The class focuses on very, very basic stuff. Some of the things he did was jumping into the water from a standing position, floating on his back/tummy (supported), and securing an object from underwater. I was really impressed that William was able to jump into the water, fully submerged, and then be pulled out. (He isn't able to surface on his own yet.) He loves jumping into the water all the way and doesn't mind his head being underwater anymore, as long as it's for a brief period. So he is ever-so slowly getting more used to the water. However, William least enjoyed the floating, especially floating on his back. He really didn't like the water going into his ears. For floating on his tummy, he wouldn't put his face in the water, but would partially submerge his face when I asked him to blow bubbles in the water. He also had a difficult time with securing a ring from underwater b/c he didn't want to put his face in the water. He would always look away when his face was about to go into the water, so he wouldn't know where to reach for it. Oh, well. He'll learn eventually. =)
I am incredibly grateful for these opportunities to take swimming lessons with just my oldest boy. I have lots of fond memories of swimming with my family while growing up (it was just one of the few things we all did together), so it's great that I get to do this with William and watch him learn to swim. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment