Wednesday, June 02, 2010

this day...


I have always loved this oldie from Point of Grace. (I think it came out sometime in the early 90's.) It never fails to make me teary. Lately, I listened to it again, and the Lord has been using the lyrics of this song to help me cherish my days with my boys and not take them for granted, as I can so easily do. I especially love the bridge and last verse. "This Day," by Point of Grace...
This day is fragile - soon it will end.
And once it has vanished, it will not come again.
So let us love with a love pure and strong,
Before this day is gone.

This day is fleeting when it slips away,
Not all our money can buy back this day.
So let us pray that we might be a friend,
Before this day is gone.

This day is fleeting.
When it slips away,
Not all our money can buy back this day.
So let us pray that we might be a friend,
Before this day is spent.

This day we're given is golden.
Let us show love.
This day is ours for one moment,
Let us sow love.

This day is frail - it will pass by.
So before it's too late to recapture the time,
Let us share love, let us share God.
Before this day is gone.
Before this day is gone.

No comments: