Saturday, July 03, 2010

a moment with william...

Last night, I took some time to encourage William for doing so well in obeying Momma and Dada that day... and for not arguing or complaining. Since we've gotten home from vacation and he's had some time to rest and take his naps, he has been such a different little boy. I always forget what lack of sleep can do to my little ones... heck, what lack of sleep can do to any of us!

Anyway, after encouraging William, he asked, "If I obey, then Jesus don't have to die?" What a sweet question! I just had to smile and thank God. I was incredibly encouraged to see that William is really beginning to process and think through the things we are sharing with him about the gospel, who Jesus is, and why He had to die. I told him that we can't obey all the time and that we all have sinned and will continue to sin. Momma sins. Dada sins. Josiah sins. And William sins. We have our good days and bad days, but it only has to take one sin for Jesus to have to die on the cross.  Then he asked how many times Jesus had to die.  So we talked more about that, although it was brief.  =)  Can't tell you how refreshing and wonderful it was to actually be able to have a conversation with my William about the gospel.  I am very grateful to the Lord that I can participate in his learning about Jesus and the cross.  Lord willing, I am looking forward to many more of these little talks with my little boy.  =)

4 comments:

Mike and Sarah said...

Oh, Amy, that is so sweet, and such a blessing! God is at work, and you are being faithful to train up your little boy!

Kelly C said...

this is fruit of faithful parenting, my friend. well done. may the Lord graciously give you MANY more conversation about the gospel with your sweet boys.

Brandy said...

Precious. You should be so encouraged to see such fruit in your parenting. Wow. Blessings to you and your family.

tessa said...

SO good! God is using you and the Spirit is at work! :) thanks for sharing this.