Wednesday, August 11, 2010

reading!

Our boy is READING!!!!  I am so amazed that William can recognize the words "William," "God," "Jesus," "and," and "a" by sight.  He just started reading the words to us out of the blue.  Over the past month, he has been wanting us to point to the words as we read, especially in his Jesus Storybook Bible.  Although he can't figure words out phonetically yet, it is incredibly neat to see how he is slowly making sense of all this reading business.  (I must admit though... his comprehension is weak, but we'll work on it.)  =)

William knows that the text on the page are the words that we are reading.  And as we read, he picks up familiar words here and there.  The best thing is that it's happening all on its own without any prompting on our part.  Can't tell you how excited I am to see William embark on this journey of reading, as it will open up many, many doors for the Lord to impart wisdom, grace, and knowledge.  So grateful for the Lord's obvious grace in his life.

No comments: