Sunday, September 05, 2010

discovery land inaugural...

We finally took the leap and took Josiah to Discovery Land.  We had decided that we would start taking him around 18 months and since it's the start of a new school year as well, we felt it was perfect timing.  This was the first time he had been alone without family for an extended period of time.  And he did great!  Bill said he didn't cry when he dropped him off.  (Josiah probably had no clue what was going on.)  When we went to pick him up, he looked like he had been crying.  =(  The classroom volunteer said he was a bit clingy (understandably so), but otherwise did well.

We were very surprised that we didn't have to pick him up early.  The first time we dropped William off, we had to pick him up early because he wouldn't stop crying.  I think it took about 3 Sundays for William to be able to stay for the entire time.  (It really is amazing to me to see how different their personalities are already.)  But I was so relieved to hear that Josiah did well.  I hope this Sunday will follow the same pattern (assuming he doesn't get sick), although I know he'll soon figure out what's up.  I wonder what he'll do when he realizes that this is the place where Dada leaves him by himself.  =P  (Bill drops him off because we're afraid he'll get too upset if I drop him off.  He's very clingy with me.)  Josiah will eventually enjoy himself there with all the different toys and cracker time.  =)  It was encouraging to see him transition well for the first time.  We'll have to wait and see how this Sunday goes!  =)

No comments: