Sunday, September 19, 2010

moving day!

I had big plans to fully document this day, but totally forgot in the midst of all the chaos to take pictures until half the day was over.  When I finally remembered, the house was in such disarray that I had no idea where the camera was.  So unfortunately, there are no pics, but God was kind in providing the help we needed to move the majority of our things over.  We had professional movers come move the big things (i.e. couches, beds, dressers, etc.).  They were unbelievable.  I think they had our living room packed and moved out in 15 minutes.  Definitely worth every penny, although they did break a couple of things and dented some of the furniture.  Fortunately, we don't really have anything of value, so it wasn't a big deal (except for my hand-painted vase that I lugged home all the way from China more than 10 years ago.  I was sure to pack and take that bad boy over myself.).  =)

Then we had some friends come who were SO gracious to pack for us and move the rest of our things to the new place.  We definitely wanted to give a HUGE thank you to the people who sacrificed some time to help us move/pack:  Tim Keen, Dave Durose, Mike Thompson, Danielle Wood, Lee Cajina, Peter Woo, Mom, Mommy, Jamil Ergueta, and Jane Alam... as well as their spouses for releasing them to come.   We were very touched by your desire to serve our family in such a practical way.  And we were very humbled by your willingness to not only move us out, but to also help pack.

We also wanted to thank those of you who have been praying for our family.  We are grateful that you have been a part of our journey and are rejoicing with us over God's provision for us in the midst of financial difficulties.  God has been SO good, and we know that each of you have been a means of His grace as we transition to a new home in this season.

So THANK YOU!!  We are so indebted to you (friends & family) for your help, care, love, and especially prayers for our family.

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!
Psalm 34:8

No comments: