Wednesday, May 04, 2011

all done!!!


It's hard to believe that this day is finally here!  JOSIAH IS DONE WITH HIS PHYSICAL THERAPY!!!  Woohoo!  While his neck isn't perfectly aligned, it's as good as it's going to get.  However, the tilt is virtually impossible to notice unless you really look for it.  Most of the time, Josiah is able to keep it straight on his own, so that's really a huge blessing.

This day has been bittersweet though.  We have absolutely loved working with his physical therapist.  On the one hand, we're thrilled that Josiah doesn't need it anymore, but we are going to sincerely miss the friend we gained in Miriam.  She was truly dedicated to seeing that Josiah's torticollis was corrected.  I so wish that we had met her from the beginning since the new techniques she used really worked for him, but I know the Lord is sovereign over that and had a purpose in it.  We are grateful for the time we did have with her.  She is a dear, sweet, and caring lady.  And we are grateful ultimately to the Lord for leading us to her and allowing our Smiles to benefit from her years of experience.

Yay, Josiah!!  You're all done with your stretches, baby boy!  Now we can move on to bigger and better things... not that that really stopped you before.  ;)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yay Josiah! I know that bittersweet feeling. I remember thinking, could this really be it? But something I loved so much about all the time and energy we invested in the PT and stretches was all the intentional time I got with Miya. Singing her songs or telling her stories while trying to distract her from the PT. I almost wanted to stretch her just for the fun of it once it was over, but I restrained myself :)