
William had his 9-month appointment with his pediatrician yesterday. Here are his stats... He is 19.5 pounds (50 percentile) and 29.5 inches long (90 percentile). I guess he's taking after his dad in height (thank goodness) although he doesn't seem taller than other babies his age.
One minor thing is that William has been doing this weird head-shaking thing. He'll just be sitting on the floor and start shaking his head. The doc was a little wacky, but said it was ok as long as he seems conscious during it. And he does. He can stop when we get his attention during the shaking and sometimes he'll even smile after doing it. Somehow, I don't think he'd be smiling if it was a problem. Maybe he's just trying to get our attention. It's working though! It bothers the heck out of me. I wish he would just stop doing it. But Bill assures me that he will eventually grow out of it. I hope he does soon! =) I guess it's just a self-soothing thing, similar to when he would shake his head back and forth pretty violently to go to sleep.
Other than that, William has to get his hearing re-evaluated because of the antibiotics he had as a newborn. I guess it can sometimes can affect hearing later on, so we're just doing a follow-up check.
Otherwise, all else is going well. And we have only God to thank for William's general good health! It is such a significant blessing that is so often overlooked.
No comments:
Post a Comment