I've decided to try and post great quotes from books that I'm reading. Try being the key word here, ideally one quote from every chapter that I read. This will hopefully help what I read sink into my head and hopefully encourage you as well. We'll see how this goes... =)
From Shepherding a Child's Heart, by Tedd Tripp...
"... All behavior is linked to some attitude of the heart. Therefore, discipline must address attitudes of the heart.
... The point of confrontation is what is occurring in the heart. Your concern is to unmask your child's sin, helping him to understand how it reflects a heart that has strayed. That leads to the cross of Christ. It underscores the need for a Savior. It provides opportunities to show the glories of God, who sent His Son to change hearts and free people enslaved to sin.
... You must learn to work from the behavior you see back to the heart, exposing heart issues for your children... Help them to see the ways that they are trying to slake their souls' thirst with that which cannot satisfy. You must help your kids gain a clear focus on the cross of Christ" (p. 6; emphasis mine). And YES! I am only on p. 6.
1 comment:
love the idea to do this, amy! thanks for sharing -
such an awesome book, i am going to have to do a re-read - such great stuff!
Post a Comment