Friday, January 25, 2008

great strides

OUR BABY MONKEY IS WALKING!!!!! Yesterday before care group, he just got up and took several steps all by himself. And he just kept doing it over and over again. He seemed really excited about it, too. It was almost like he was saying, "Wow! I can walk, too! I can do it!" What an amazing thing to behold. I kept thinking, "Where has my baby gone?" But also was so incredibly excited to see how he is really growing up. I can totally relate to what my friend Jerusha wrote on her blog about her baby girl... And in the same way, I wish William could stay like this forever, but I am also just as equally excited to meet the little boy he is quickly becoming.



On that note, we have noticed more and more that William has a sensitive side to him. Usually, when we discipline him, he just shrugs it off as if nothing happened (which used to worry us a little). But now, it seems that our tone of voice makes a big difference with him. If he hears that we are getting firm with him, he makes a sad face, as if he's sorry for doing something wrong. It is the CUTEST thing ever! Bill said he was the same way when he was young. His parents didn't need to physically discipline him often. The fact that he had disappointed his parents was more of a deterrent for him. So it has been great that we haven't had to discipline William a whole lot lately, especially since he seems so affected by the tone of our voices. Let's hope this lasts!

Other news... Monkey can blow kisses and clap now.

It is absolutely incredible watching him grow.

4 comments:

Kelly C said...

awesome he is walking! even more awesome is that he is responding to you and bill more! will be praying that continues and increases!
i must say i loved having kisses blown my way saturday.
william is soooo adorable!

Chris & Maria Kinsinger said...

wow, that's great!

Anonymous said...

AH!!!! That is incredible!!!! He looks so joyful in his attempt to walk. I am really thrilled for you all! GO BABY BOY BOO!

ali said...

that is so adorable!