Tuesday, March 11, 2008

our little helper

As William has been getting more familiar with our daily routines, he has become quite the little helper. I love seeing him think about others and how he can help his momma, all by the grace of God. Here are some ways that my Monkey helps me on any given day:

  • He helps me itch my leg when I'm scratching it.
  • He hands me the lid for the pot we use to boil eggs.
  • He finds and gives me the remote so I... er, we can watch Voyager.

  • He puts our placemats back in the cabinet.

  • He puts his shoes away... most of the time.

  • He takes out my mirror and pick so I can do my hair.

  • He closes the dishwasher door when I'm done putting dirty dishes in.

  • He puts the Aquaphor away when we're finished lubing him up.

  • He gets my watch for me in the mornings.

We are grateful for the common graces that the Lord has bestowed on William in his young life. Hopefully, this is a reflection of his heart for others and desire to help. We hope to continue cultivating this virtue as he grows older.

I tried getting pics of each thing, but he would finish before I had a chance to take the picture. But here's a clip of him taking out my mirror and pick. He also likes to use it to brush his own hair.

1 comment:

Kelly C said...

this is awesome, amy! neat to see his desire to help - i can see him now assisting his future wife get ready in the am! ;)