Saturday, February 14, 2009

happy valentine's day, boo!



My Boo...  Recently, I've thought about the words to this song I loved when I was in college.  It made me dream and wonder about the man that the Lord would have me marry someday.  And now that I am on the other side of the altar, I can see how much more the Lord has given me in you.  Aside from a few specifics, God was faithful to answer so much more than what I even knew to ask for.  He knew exactly what I needed and in His incredible kindness, ended up giving me so much more than I deserve.  So I wanted to share the lyrics to the song with you.  

If You Could See What I See, by Geoff Moore and the Distance

All of my life

I have dreamed
that somehow love would find me.
Now I can't believe you're standing here.

If beauty is all
in the eye
of the beholder then I
wish you could see
the love for you that lives in me.

(Chorus)
And you would know you have my heart
If you could see, what I see
that a treasure's what you are
if you could see, what I see.
Created to be
the only one for me
If you could see, what I see

I know there are days
when you feel
so much less than ideal
wondering what I see in you

It's all of the light
and the grace
your belief in me drives me to say
that I promise you
a faithful love, forever true.

(Chorus)

If you could see
then you'd understand
why I fall down to my knees
and I pray my love
will be worthy of
the One who gave His life
so our love could be.

If you could see
what i see...

You're created to be
The perfect one for me
If you could see
what I see.

If beauty is all
in the eye
of the beholder then I
am beholding...
true beauty

Boo, you are such a gift and treasure to me.  Even though I don't show it or say it as much as I should, I love you so very, very much!

1 comment:

Kelly C said...

great post, amy! hope you guys had a wonderful day together. : )