
Day 11 in the hospital... Good news! The perinatologist did an ultrasound this morning and said that everything looks stable. The fluid levels are the same, but the flow in the umbilical cord and brain have significantly improved. So they will keep the baby cookin' in the oven until the next ultrasound on Tuesday. Tuesday is the "big" day when they will measure the baby for growth. If there is minimal/no growth, they will do a c-section. If there is significant growth, I would imagine they may try to push things to 37 weeks. If they decide to push things, our ob said they would be willing to meet with the perinatologists and us to see what our next steps should be and how much longer we should wait.
The tests for pre-eclampsia came back and were normal, so I'm still just borderline for hypertension. They also have been testing me for diabetes since finding some glucose in my urine. After a 24-hour testing of finger-pricking, they found that my sugar levels were very high, probably b/c I'm just lying around in bed all day. The inactivity was enough to push me over the edge. So they've put me on a diabetes diet until the baby comes. =(
Last night, the ob agreed to put me on intermittent monitoring since my contractions had decreased significantly over the last few days. So I got to sleep without the monitors, which was nice since I have a bit of a nasty rash on my stomach from the gel they've been using for the monitors. In the morning when they put the monitors back on, they had found that my contractions had picked up and that the baby's heart rate had been dipping down, sometimes with the contractions and sometimes on its own. So I'm back on continuous monitoring, which is great that the baby is being watched over. But we are grateful to the Lord for being the ultimate Watcher over our baby boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment