Monday, September 05, 2011

potty initiation...


Our monkey successfully went #1 on the potty!!  Woohoo!  (I'm sorry, but the next details are more for my memory than for you, so feel free to skip to the next paragraph.)  Usually, Josiah has to pee right after his bath.  So when he actually started dribbling, I grabbed him and took him up to the potty.  Initially, Josiah would only do a few squirts and then stop and then say he was done.  Squirt.  Stop.  Done.  But I insisted he stay on the potty longer.  After about a minute of doing that, he finally just released and let it all out.  I was SO excited for our little one... God's grace was so evident as he didn't get frustrated, but was willing to stay put and keep trying.  We are so proud of him!!  Yay, Josiah!

For a while now, Josiah has been able to have reasonably good control over his bladder functions, but could never get himself to go on the potty.  Early on, he wanted to use the toilet like William does, but whenever we held him up to use it, he would wait a few seconds and just say he was done.  I think he just liked going through the motions of it since Big Brother does it.  This little rascal is into EVERYTHING that Big Brother does.  He always has to be in the thick of things...  Anyway, we are thrilled to see him reach this milestone.  I guess we're on to our next set of potty adventures...

No comments: